ONCE UPON A TIME...
my alarm went off way too early. I pulled myself out of bed and thought man I feel like I have been run over by a truck. However I hurried and got dressed and went into the boys room. That is where I got a whiff of urine. One of the children had wet and then chose to lay in the urine until the bed and all of his blankets were soaked. The only reason I got mad was because I had heard him talking about 30 minutes before it was time to get up.
So I was miffed, told him to strip his bed and get ready to take a bath. Phew it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I still had hope for the day. Silly me!!! I went and woke Mary up and walked into the laundry room to start a load. Well as I walked in I almost passed out!!! The smell was horrible. The puppy sleeps in there and sometime in the morning she had been sick and had explosive poop all over her kennel. Hello.
I picked her up, thankfully she somehow was clean and put her outside while I tried to figure out not only how to clean it up, but make the smell go away. Those of you who know me well know I gag pretty easily. So yes I gagged a lot!!
Finally it was time to feed the troops. Well guess what not one but two of the kids dumped their cereal all over the table and floor. Hooray!! Needless to say everybody lived and they did get to school on time.
I did a few things around the house, took care of a sick puppy, and a sick child. I put the child down for a nap and finally sat down and tried to nap myself. Then my phone rang. It was Jonathan asking me if I remembered it was an early out day. (Who came up with that idea?) I had indeed forgot the children. My bad!! Luckily he was close enough and went to get them for me!!
Then I went to change the pee load that I had to run twice and I looked in the dryer and lo and behold Jonathan had not emptied his pockets and got gum and receipt paper all over the inside of my new dryer. When he got home he got to clean that up.
Finally I decided we need some fun so we went to the dollar movie for FHE and the got Little Caesars for dinner. Now they are all in bed and I am so happy that everybody is still alive.
THE END
5 comments:
Oh, I am so sorry. I feel for you. I had one of those days last Thursday. You are doing a fantastic job as a mom. Nice try on trying to sneak a nap it. If you find a way that works, let me know.
Trust me....we all have days like that....I swear one days the kids followed me from room to room....as I cleaned up one disaster they moved on to make anotehr disaster...and so it continued like that all day!
wow, what a crazy day... sounds like my days :)
That's called baptism by fire. Thanks for providing me with a good laugh though. And I'm sure there are many more similar type days in the future (for both of us!)
Julie, welcome the glamor of motherhood. Such fun, Just not on days like this one!
Post a Comment