Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What The?!?

Well folks a few days ago I did something that I feel I need to confess. So being that I only have a few readers I feel the need to confess this all to you. I paid good money to go to the theater and I saw the new Veggie Tales movie. Gasp horror shock---I know!!! We looked at the movies and told everyone what was playing and well lets say the children won the vote. I'm not sure how it happened but we really didn't want to see it. My cousins kids were quiet as we drove to the theater and when we got there I thought we had decided to see another movie, I probably would have to confess about that one too so I will not name the movie.

I kid you not when we got to the ticket counter I was looking at the transvestite who was selling the tickets and I was distracted ok I admit it. (I think if yo are a man dressing as a woman you should at least make sure you have shaved your face.) Anyhow I slowly started to speak and I said we need 8 tickets for.....I froze, I think I was still stuck on the facial hair of Bridgette the man/woman. Then it happened the 4 year old busted out and said we want to see the veggie tales movie. Next thing I knew I had veggie tale tickets in my hand. Really at that moment I thought about how I had been raised in the Bay Area and had seen all kinds of people, I need to go back I think. Wow it was as if the children had planned this out and I lost.

We ended up seeing The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything. Overall It was ok I have seen worse. My only real complaint it why in the heck don't these characted have arms? I know they are vegetables, but hello they have faces, talk, sing, etc, why no arms. They had to sword fight, but they had no arms. Just wondering why they forgot to draw arms for these vegetables.

So yes my name is Julie and I am a closeted veggie tales watcher. Phew I feel much better confessing that to you all.

4 comments:

The Pender Family said...

Hey there, contact me at
www.my-sweet-memories.com.

Girl with a Magical Name said...

I love Veggie Tales especially Silly Songs with Larry! =0)

D-dawg said...

My husband TOTALLY wants to see it. I've felt nervous about paying money for veggie tales... but sometimes they are seriously funny. I'm glad you came out of the closet on this one (o:

Tirsa said...

Hey, veggie tales are one of my favorite kid shows. I am always encouraging Bella to watch it. I agree with one of your other friend's comments, silly songs with Larry is the best!
But, I'll probably wait for the pirate one to come out on video. I don't like it enough to pay that kind of dough to see it... :)